Welcome to NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) Personalised Healthcare Commissioning.
We provide services to NHS patients, their families, and unpaid carers on behalf of some Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) in England. These include:
- Continuing Healthcare (CHC) for Adults
- Continuing Care for Children and Young People
- Transforming Care Programme (Learning Disabilities)
- Section 117, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- Appeals, Retrospective Reviews and Periods of Unassessed Care
- Specialist Safeguarding, Court of Protection, Deprivation of Liberties and Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Personal Health Budgets
- Complaints handling
If you are looking for information about the other services offered by MLCSU you can find them here: www.midlandsandlancashirecsu.nhs.uk
Integrated Care Boards (ICBs)
Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) replaced Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) on 1st July 2022. ICBs commission most of the hospital and community NHS services in the local areas for which they are responsible.
Commissioning involves deciding what services are needed for diverse local populations and ensuring that they are provided.
Services ICBs commission include:
- most planned hospital care
- rehabilitative care
- urgent and emergency care (including out-of-hours)
- most community health services
- mental health and learning disability services.
ICBs are also responsible for both Continuing Healthcare and Children and young people Continuing Care alongside other personalised healthcare services.
Some ICBs have asked MLCSU to provide this service on their behalf. These are listed below with contact details for each MLCSU service.
Each ICB will also have their own website, and some will have more information about personalised healthcare commissioning where you live.
Your ICB is based on which GP practice you are registered with. If you are unsure, you can search here Find your local ICB
Alternatively, you can look at the local ICB website and they will have a list of their ‘member practices’.
Our services and how to contact us:
Lancashire and South Cumbria
Post: Jubilee House, Lancashire Business Park, Leyland, Lancashire PR26 6TR
Telephone: 01772 952 610
Post: Cardinal Square, 3rd Floor North Point, 10 Nottingham Road, Derby DE1 3QT Email:
Telephone: 01332 401 821
Telephone: 0116 504 0112
Post: IPA/CHC Merseyside, Jubilee House, Lancashire Business Park, Leyland, PR26 6TR
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: 0151 433 6988
Post: Heron House, 120 Grove Road, Stoke on Trent ST4 4LX
Telephone: 01782 656 049